« Previous123Next »
RSS Feed
Not Yet Rated

Zune stopped working!!!

#  Sep 06, 2007 at 1:33 PM
I tried charging it and it still didn't kick on. The screen is still black!! What should I do?
#  Dec 19, 2007 at 6:15 PM
Khmer15;3239 said:

I tried charging it and it still didn't kick on. The screen is still black!! What should I do?

Did you call Zune Support and did it solve your problems??
#  Dec 18, 2007 at 3:39 AM
The same thing is happening to me :S Im really mad. heres what happened:
I was on my way up to the ski hill and had just finished watching a movie. When I went back to the movie menu, none of the pictures came up beside the movie titles, so i tried to play one. It didnt work. It ended up that none of them worked. So i was thinking I would just turn it off hten turn it back on. I turned it off, but it never came back on
No, it still wont turn back on, and whenever I connect it back to the computer, it doesnt charge (that I know of) and the software doesnt recognize it. but if I go to the device manager, it says it is connected and working properly :S
So it just basically wont work. Does anybody know what I should do? I have tried everything I can find. Now I am thinking that I might have to send it back to MS. Please reply.
#  Dec 18, 2007 at 6:45 AM
Did you try hitting the left arrow button, upper center button and the pause/play button ( kind of like control alt delete for your Zune ) all at the same time ? I had that problem, but it reset it. I think it format the disk, but it started again! :batman:
#  Dec 18, 2007 at 9:45 PM
See my thread [U]Dead Zune 80 [/U]. This is your answer.
Call the numbers and get a replacement.
It IS a battery problem.
#  Dec 28, 2007 at 9:50 PM
snicks76;3917 said:

Did you try hitting the left arrow button, upper center button and the pause/play button ( kind of like control alt delete for your Zune ) all at the same time ? I had that problem, but it reset it. I think it format the disk, but it started again! :batman:

My Zune 80gig froze and I shut it off and it wouldn't turn back on and then the Zune software wouldn't recognize it.

I tried this and it started right up and it didn't erase anything!
#  Dec 31, 2007 at 2:25 AM
mine did this and here's what helped me. plugging it INTO the computer wont work, but if you have an AC adapter charger, that plugs into the wall, try charging it that way, that worked for me. leave it hooked up for a couple of hours and see if that helps. also the manual that i got says to turn off your zune by pressing & holding play/pause. this ISNT the way to turn off your zune. your battery will still drain bc its only in sleep mode. you turn it off by holding the "back" key & the "down arrow" simotaneously. this will help avoid this problem to begin with... good luck!
#  Dec 31, 2007 at 2:28 AM
this website is very to the point and helpful!!!!

Zune Guides archive at Zune Info
#  Mar 29, 2008 at 9:13 PM
This absolutely works. I had this problem tonight - Zune went black, couldn't get it to do anything. I plugged it into the base station connected to my PC, but that didn't work. What did was plugging it into the wall using my DIC AC adapter, and pressing the back, play/pause, and up button all at the same time. It came back on instantly, and did not lose any of the 26 GB of data on it. Thanks for the tips - they worked for me!
#  Apr 02, 2008 at 4:52 PM
when i disconnected my zune from my pc it just turned off and when i try to turn it back on ut just says zune and turns right back offf...why???? how do i fix it????
« Previous123Next »
ShoutBox
Shoutbox Top

Free chat widget @ ShoutMix
Shoutbox Bottom

Copyright 2007-2008 All Rights Reserved
Zune

top zune sites Zune sites

Welcome, you are not logged in.
Login or Register